At Panshee, we're a small but perfectly formed team. We'd love it if you could join us!
Below you will find details of our current vacancies.
Position: Chef Manager
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Expected earnings £27,000 per annum plus restaurant benefits
Specific hours: 40 hours per week over 6 days
- Assess and ensure the quality of the raw materials supplied to the business
- Prepare/supervise the preparation of food dishes in accordance with the existing food menu
- Plan/develop menus in line with local demands and based on the seasons
- Ensure the quality of finished dishes
- Managing the kitchen/food preparing area/kitchen staff and ensure health and safety of the area
- Inventory management and ordering raw materials and cooking ingredients
- Liaise with the managers/directors in the process of ordering and receiving goods from the suppliers
- Must be able to work well on their own and as a team managing our busy catering unit/staff restaurant
- Must have knowledge to prevent wastage and loss.
- Must have experience of bar services and supervise staffs
- Needs to decide on range and quality of meals and beverages to be provided or discusses customer’s requirements for special occasions.
- Purchases or directs the purchasing of supplies and arranges for preparation of accounts
- Verifies quality of food, beverages and waiting service are as required and that kitchen and dinning areas are kept clean in compliance with statutory requirements.
The successful candidate will have a deep knowledge on food hygiene and safety, cleaning audits and process and managing health and safety in the storage and preparation of food and raw materials/ingredients;
The ideal candidates must have a minimum 3 years experience working in a busy Indian/Bangladeshi restaurant as an assistant chef or higher and must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are looking for someone who:
· Is a trustworthy team player
· Takes pride in their work
· Likes to make good food which looks and tastes good
· Is commercial and cost conscious
· Also able to work independently
In return we offer:
· Very competitive rates of pay of at least 27K
· 28 days holiday
· Staff accommodation
· Staff meals
· The opportunity to progress
The successful applicant must put health and safety at the forefront of what the do, complying with food regulations to the highest standard.
Interested? To apply please send a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date For Applications: Wednesday 18th August